How to apply
Applications for places at the Academy will be made in accordance with Westminster Council's co-ordinated admission arrangements. Information on the academy will be included in their starting school brochure, which you can pick up from the council offices. Copies will also be available from most nurseries and early years centres. The Academy will use the timetable specified by Westminster Council each year and published annually to parents for admissions of pupils to primary schools.
Ark Atwood Primary Academy is a non-selective school for local children. We have 60 reception places available each year in two forms of entry. If the academy is oversubscribed, priority will be given to students with statements of special educational needs, where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places will then be offered in the order of priority below:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children.
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address).
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage).
- The remaining places will be allocated children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the permanent site, at Amberley Road of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
Admissions to the academy are detailed in policies below.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable - September 2017 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception class in September 2017 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||18 April 2017||20 May 2017|
|after 20 May 2017 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.
NURSERY September 2017
Applications for Nursery 2017 intake need to be submitted into the school office no later than 4pm on 11 April 2017.