Friends of ARK Atwood
Fundraising & Social Events
IF YOUR CHILD IS AT ARK ATWOOD, YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY A MEMBER OF FRIENDS OF ARK ATWOOD (FofAA)
ABOUT FRIENDS OF ARK ATWOOD
If your child is at ARK Atwood, then you are part of Friends of ARK Atwood – which was set up to achieve the following main aims:
1) To promote a cohesive school community and to ensure that all children and their families can play a part in the wider school community.
2) To fundraise for the school to help it achieve its aims for each child.
With these 2 aims in mind, FofAA organises both purely Social events but also Fundraising ones (please see below)
THE COMMITTEE 2016-2017
The FofAA Committee is elected at the end of every school year. It maps out the regular events in the Atwood calendar, and finds volunteers to plan, organise and help run them. Sometimes the Committee members are in charge of individual events, but it is by no means a requirement.
Chair: Responsibility of heading the Friends of ARK Atwood Committee. Leads and manages meetings. Liaises with other committee members, event volunteers and the school as and when the need arises. Ensures events are happening.
Co-Chair: optional. Supports the Chair whenever possible
Secretary: Writes minutes and actions for each meeting, disseminates information (incl. on social media) and decisions to both the school and parents, organises venues for meetings if needed.
Treasurer: Manages the finances and reports against expenses and income, provides an update on spend and current balance at each meeting.
Co-Chair: Leanne (Ali – Y2
Secretary: Rita (Aleem-Opurbo – Y5)
To support the Comittee in their work, Class Reps ensure good communication with the parents and teachers of their class.
Key responsibilities include:
- provide feedback and ideas from their class to the FofAA Committee
- organise collections for teachers’ presents (Christmas and End-of-Year)
- arrange social events for their class (optional)
- help out at and recruit volunteers for FofAA events
This year’s Class Reps are:
India: Emma (Sophia)
Mexico: Fiona (Esmeralda)
Spain: Anne-Sophie (Constance)
We fully understand that it is difficult for some people to get to meetings but please don’t feel that you are therefore excluded from joining in with FofAA activities or simply from making suggestions. We are always delighted to see you or hear from you and we welcome your ideas. Meetings are generally held on weekday mornings after drop-off, but if there is enough demand, they can be held in the evenings as well
Many of our events are purely social – simply there so Atwood families can come and have fun.
The names in ( …) are the contact people and the name(s) of their child(ren)
Weekly coffee mornings on Tuesdays, sometimes with free taster sessions from local businesses (please get in touch if you would like to provide a taster session. Anne-Sophie (Constance Y5 & Gabriel YR)
There is plenty of opportunity to get involved in the variety of fundraising activities scheduled during the year.
HOW WE'RE DOING
We are delighted that over the first 4 years we have raised just over £28,000 and have contributed towards buying musical instruments, a traversing wall for the playground, salsa costumes, play equipment, a school library from which children are happily borrowing books and helping towards the School Hardship Fund.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We always need help at before, during and after events, and it’s easier to call on volunteers if we have a list of what people are interested in helping with.
Below is a short questionnaire which helps us keep in touch with parents and carers, and allows them to register their willingness to volunteer. Please fill it in and bring back to the school office, or send to email@example.com
The various supporting roles are:
- FofAA Publicists – help with publicity, events, flyers, posters, photographers, film-makers and social media experts
- FofAA Chefs and Bakers: particularly for Christmas and Summer Fairs, but also for Cake Sales (1 Cake Sale per Year Group per school year), School Disco, etc.
- FofAA Fair helpers: School Fairs – if you can help run a stall, or have great fresh ideas for new or previous stalls you have run, setting up and cleaning up (so welcome!), cook our barbecue, help serve drinks, food
- FofAA Socialisers: helping welcome new parents, be present at coffee mornings
- FofAA Hoarders: if you can help run the Jumble and Vintage Sales, source prizes for tombolas and raffles
HOW TO STAY IN TOUCH:
Weekly School Newsletter
Mailing list: please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on AtwoodFriends
Follow us FofArkAtwood
Notice Board next to the main school gate