Ofsted rates ARK Atwood Primary Academy outstanding in every category
We are delighted to announce that ARK Atwood Primary Academy has been graded outstanding in every category by Ofsted, just two years after it opened.
The Ofsted inspectors said:
- “Inspirational leadership by the headteacher, supported by the committed team of teachers, non-teaching staff and governors, has created an excellent learning environment in which all pupils can fulfil their potential. There have been exceptional developments in all aspects of the academy since it opened.
- “Achievement is outstanding and attainment at the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Year 1 is well above comparable figures. The academy has an unrelenting and successful focus on raising pupils’ achievement, particularly in reading, writing and mathematics.
- “All pupils make excellent progress.
- “Teaching across the academy is consistently good and often outstanding. Activities offer highly effective challenge for pupils to develop their understanding and skills. Teaching assistants provide excellent support.
- “Pupils’ behaviour is excellent and their highly positive attitudes contribute strongly to their progress. Pupils work together exceptionally well and are typically polite and respectful to adults and other pupils.
- “A particularly strong feature of the academy is the way the rich cultural heritage of the community is celebrated and used to enhance pupils’ learning, behaviour and attitudes.”
Head teacher, Daniel Upfield, said: “I’d like to thank staff, parents and pupils for all the hard work they’ve put in to make ARK Atwood a success. The biggest accolade for us was to read on Ofsted’s parent view survey that 100% of parents responding would recommend the school to their friends. We want every child to achieve highly and we also want to be a happy school where children look forward to coming to school every day. That’s what success means for us.”
Secretary of State for Education, Michael Gove MP, said: “ARK Atwood’s pupils and teachers can be incredibly proud of their achievement. This is the second ‘outstanding’ Ofsted result for ARK’s free schools, underlining their excellence and consistent performance.