Ofsted and performance data
We are delighted to announce that ARK Atwood Primary Academy has been graded outstanding in every category by Ofsted, just two years after it opened.
The Ofsted inspectors said:
- “Inspirational leadership by the headteacher, supported by the committed team of teachers, non-teaching staff and governors, has created an excellent learning environment in which all pupils can fulfil their potential. There have been exceptional developments in all aspects of the academy since it opened.
- “Achievement is outstanding and attainment at the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Year 1 is well above comparable figures. The academy has an unrelenting and successful focus on raising pupils’ achievement, particularly in reading, writing and mathematics.
- “All pupils make excellent progress.
- “Teaching across the academy is consistently good and often outstanding. Activities offer highly effective challenge for pupils to develop their understanding and skills. Teaching assistants provide excellent support.
- “Pupils’ behaviour is excellent and their highly positive attitudes contribute strongly to their progress. Pupils work together exceptionally well and are typically polite and respectful to adults and other pupils.
- “A particularly strong feature of the academy is the way the rich cultural heritage of the community is celebrated and used to enhance pupils’ learning, behaviour and attitudes.”