Admissions and appeals process
How to apply
Applications for places at Ark Atwood will be made in accordance with Westminster Council's co-ordinated admission arrangements. Information on our school will be included in their Starting School brochure, which you can pick up from the council offices. Copies will also be available from most nurseries and early years centres. We use the primary school admissions timetable specified by Westminster Council each year and published annually.
Online applications are open via the Westminster Council website: https://www.westminster.gov.uk/starting-primary-school
Deadline for Applications is: Wednesday 15 January 2020
Ark Atwood Primary Academy is a non-selective school for local children. We have 60 reception places available each year in two forms of entry. If the school is oversubscribed, priority will be given to students with statements of special educational needs, where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places will then be offered in the order of priority below:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children.
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister resident at the same address).
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage).
- The remaining places will be allocated children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the permanent site, at Amberley Road of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
Admissions to Ark Atwood are detailed in policies below.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable (September 2020 entry)
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception class in September 2020 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||Thursday 16 April 2020||18th May 2020|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least five working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.
Applications for Nursery 2020 intake need to be submitted into the school office no later than 4pm on 16 May 2020.
View our 2019 - 20 parent handbook here Parent Handbook 2019.pdf
If you have any queries in regards to admissions for Ark Atwood please contact the school via email firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7266 7070