If your child is at Ark Atwood, then you are part of Friends of Ark Atwood – which was set up to achieve the following aims:
- To promote a cohesive school community that all children and their families can play a part in
- To fundraise for the school to help it achieve its aims for every child. With these two aims in mind, FofAA organises social events as well as fundraising events.
The FofAA Committee is elected at the end of every school year. It maps out the regular events in the Atwood calendar, and finds volunteers to plan, organise and help run them. Sometimes the Committee members are in charge of individual events, but it is by no means a requirement. The following roles make up the committee:
Chair: Viviane Paxinos. Responsibility of heading the Friends of Ark Atwood Committee. Leads and manages meetings. Liaises with other committee members, event volunteers and the school as and when the need arises. Ensures events are happening.
Communications: Fiona McKenzie Johnston. Writes minutes and actions for each meeting, disseminates information (incl. on social media) and decisions to both the school and parents, organises venues for meetings if needed.
Treasurer: Jonny Finch. Manages the finances and reports against expenses and income, provides an update on spend and current balance at each meeting.
To support the committee in their work, class reps ensure good communication with the parents and teachers of their class. Every class should have a class rep, whose key responsibilities include:
- organising collections for teachers’ presents (Christmas and End-of-Year)
- liaising between their class and FofAA
- setting up social events for their class (optional).
Meetings are generally held on weekday mornings after drop-off, but if there is enough demand, they can be held in the evenings as well. We understand that it is difficult for some people to get to meetings, but please don’t feel that you are excluded from joining in with FofAA activities or simply from making suggestions. We are always delighted to see you or hear from you, and we welcome your ideas.